Saturday, June 29, 2024

Wind

It has been so windy the past few days I did not put out a motion trigger DSLR. But the Gardepro T5CF #14 continued to collect images of flickers and others. The first couple images are the female flicker. If I could get something similar on DSLR, I would probably declare victory at the small birdbath and move on to something else for the rest of the summer.

Next we have an itinerant bluebird, a thirsty magpie, and two images of a robin which triggered at the same time. The second robin image was taken with the Reconyx #2 and shows how close the Gardepro is to the birdbath. The t-post adapter mounted on a tomato stake seems to be my best support option for the Gardepro. It gets lower than my cheap tripods, and is sturdier than the telescoping spike. The adapter costs $16 on Amazon now, but a 4-pack is "only" $41. I probably could use two more, so may as well just get the 4-pack.

Hopefully I will get the Reconyx back out in the woods this week. More evidence that the motion trigger on the Reconyx is not very sensitive to birds, this is the only time in the past couple days that the Reconyx triggered at the same time as the Gardepro, which triggered about 250 times. A lot of those were sparrows, but there were plenty of big birds like the magpie and flicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment