Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Meanwhile, back at the ranch

I set up the Canon 5D Mark III #8 with the 500mm lens on motion trigger in an attempt to get a better image of the female flicker, and got robins instead. The Gardepro T5CF #14 was on the small birdbath yesterday and early this morning, then I switched it to the big birdbath when I set out the 500mm. One little surprise was the appearance of a bluebird. Last year I recall they started coming around regularly again after the swallows fledged. I wish they would just take the spare nest box instead of knuckling under to the swallows.

The female flicker did not show up on either #8 or #14, just the male on trailcam. And there was the usual assortment of other stuff. And a couple of very bright half rainbows.

Red robin, Canon 5D Mark III #8
Bluebird, Gardepro T5CF #14
Flicker, Gardepro T5CF #14
Magpies, Gardepro T5CF #14
Magpie, Gardepro T5CF #14
Rainbow, M100
Rainbow, M100

No comments:

Post a Comment