Thursday, June 13, 2024

One shot

I set up the Canon 5D Mark III #8 with the 17-35 zoom set at 28mm with the remote trigger, and got several images of scared sparrows flying away. The lens was right up against the bird bath, and the noise of a 6-shot burst sent them flying. So I backed off a bit and switched to the 70-200mm zoom lens set at 100mm. I got a lot of false triggers, not sure why, but I also got this. I don't really want to spend 500 shutter acuations on my 5D every time I try this just to get one image, but this is what I was going for.

Maybe I will switch to the Canon 1D Mark II #9 tomorrow, but it has a 1.3x sensor crop so I would have to back off to 70mm to shoot from the same spot. And I have to get my extension cord out because the 20-year-old battery does not hold a charge. It was nice of Canon to include an AC adapter kit with the camera back in 2004. Imagine that these days. The expectation, I guess, was that some customers would use it as a studio camera even with the 1.3x crop.

After that is a horribly flawed image that still made me go "Wow!" With the DSLR on the small birdbath, I moved the Gardepro T5CF #14 back to the big birdbath and got this really close image of a magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment