Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Bath

I moved the Gardepro close focus camera #14 to the short bird bath today. I collapsed the tripod all the way and it still wasn't enough, so these images are from a high angle. I have a good tripod that will get much lower, but I don't want to leave it out in the weather like the cheap tripod, which is outside all through the winter. Anyway, shown here are three of the larger birds (flicker, magpie, crow), but there also were some robins (adult and fledgling) and sparrows. The flicker came three separate times during the day, so I may put out the motion trigger DSLR with the good/low tripod tomorrow. It is supposed to be sunny.

The crows spent quite a bit of time at the bath, and seemed to be chasing away the magpies when they came too close. But the magpies also got their turn.

The fourth image is manually triggered and is the lopsided buck from the last two years. The shape of the antlers is not evident in this image, but in another image shot as he was moving away, the deformity is visible. He ran right past Browning #5 to make his escape after I disturbed him eating our bushes, but upon checking the Browning I found that the batteries died two days ago. I use rechargeables in the yard cameras, otherwise I would be buying batteries all the time. The good cameras out in the woods go through batteries very slowly, every year or so, so they get the lithiums.

Flicker
Magpie
Crows
Lopsided buck

No comments:

Post a Comment