Sunday, June 2, 2024

More hummingbirds

It was supposed to be cloudy most of the day but I put out the 6D (camera #12) with the 100-400mm lens anyway, prefocused and remote triggered with my phone.

The wireless connection was a bit unreliable today so I switched to the 5D #8 camera with the infrared remote trigger, still with the 100-400mm lens. I got a few remote triggered shots late in the day, but the best ones I got were when the hummingbird flew up while I was standing at the camera. A big issue with remote trigger is the need to prefocus, so I was able to use autofocus on these and get them perfectly in focus. And the light was a bit better late in the day. Technically these images should not be on this motion trigger/remote trigger blog since I was manually operating the camera, so sue me. I'm also throwing in a meadowlark image, also shot manually with the 5D and 100-40mm. I got meadowlark images the first two years we lived here, but they stayed out of range all of last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment