Thursday, June 27, 2024

Sensitivity

I have known for a long time that the Reconyx cameras, particularly Reconyx #2, are less sensitive than the Brownings. Out in the woods, I routinely get at least 10 times more triggers on the Brownings. Often these are squirrels running around, so maybe it is just as well that I don't have the Reconyx filling up with those images. I probably won't get #2 back into the woods until next week, so for now it is on the back fence pointing toward the small birdbath. Last night, it triggered bursts only three times, versus 130 times for the Browning #11. And they both got exactly nothing.

The Gardepro T5CF #14, sitting just a few feet from the Reconyx, also triggered more than 100 times since last evening. This morning it caught this fawn running north, running right past the Reconyx, which did not trigger. I know the Reconyx works because it took 12 images of me approaching it to retrieve the card. I'm not as fast as a deer or as small as a squirrel, so I'm an easy target.

The blackbird image was snapped as the lawn sprinklers were going, so that's why there is water on the lens. And the magpie got caught slurping.

No comments:

Post a Comment