Sunday, April 3, 2022

Bluebirds are back

The bluebirds have returned to my back yard, and I got a few images on the melted Browning #6. I blotted out the date/time at lower right because I forgot to reset the clock on the trailcam when I changed batteries. Also, it was probably 15 degrees cooler than what is shown on the image. I don't know whether that's from the sun shining on the camera, or whether barely surviving a forest fire screwed up the thermometer.

The images are kind of fuzzy with jpeg artifacts, so I'm dusting off the 1D Mark II and the PIR sensor for deployment today. I already set out the bird bath (which froze overnight) and a meal worm feader, so hopefully like the property and move in this time. Last year they hovered around the house for months, went in and out a few times, but never built a nest inside.

Click on the images to see a larger version.

No comments:

Post a Comment