Thursday, April 28, 2022

Moose

In an effort to beat the rain, I went out to service my trail cameras in the National Forest south of Red Lodge. I didn't beat the rain entirely. Two of the three cameras had dead batteries but got some moose images before they gave out.

The Primos is my worst camera. Image exposure is all over the place, usually blown out overexposed, but sometimes underexposed. I had it out there essentially as a security camera for the cabin, not expecting wildlife to come within range. But it managed to capture a moose, and the exposure was resoundingly adequate. The other two moose images were taken by my older Reconyx 100 yards to the west. The first Reconyx moose image shows small antlers, other two taken later do not. I'm not sure what that means. The Reconyx also got an image of a cat. There were no humans in the sequence, so rather than a domestic cat I think it is a bobcat.

No comments:

Post a Comment