Friday, April 8, 2022

Day by day update

I finally got a few shots out of the 1D/PIR today, but the new Browning provided literally hundreds of action shots. The first four are from the 1D, the last is from the Browning. I think the bluebird couple is actually moving in. I saw them with vegetation in their mouths and they went in and out of the nest hole dozens of times. But I've gotten my hopes up before.

The new Browning is superior to the older Brownings in image quality and features. My two Reconyx cameras have better image quality, but my recollection is they're not that sensitive to small birds and I don't get 865 images in one day, like I did today. I think the new Browning is the best I have for this task.

The fourth image shows the distance from the trailcam to the nest box. I moved the the camera a little closer and lowered it for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment