Thursday, May 2, 2024

Image dump

I've been getting used to Lightroom and full Photoshop after using Photoshop Elements for many years. Lightroom's strength is it helps organize images more effectively. What I've had to get used to is Lightroom has its own folder structure which does not reflect changes done outside of the program in Explorer. I also upgraded my computer, which was more than seven years old and was stuck on Windows 10. So it is easier to categorize tens of thousands of images with the speedy new setup. Full Photoshop is not that much different from Photoshop Elements so far, but I'm probably not taking advantage of capabilities that I don't know about yet. The thing is I don't want to make fake images on my computer. I want to clean up exposure challenges, but I do not want to make composites or do other manipulation that substantially changes the original. My first college degree was in journalism, not art. In Facebook, some folks were reposting spectacular eclipse images that were obviously composites. Sorry, but the sun was not anywhere near low enough to the horizon to show the eclipse and a field of flash-lit bluebonnets at the same time. But I didn't say anything.

Here are some of the better images from the new Gardepro trail camera #14 not previously posted, from April 24 to 28. I think one of the problems with images this spring from Melted Browning #6 was the camera is not good at closeups, which is what the Gardepro shines at. I can put the Gardepro at one-third of the distance that I had the Browning and get in-focus images. They still aren't nearly as good as images from my 20-year-old 1D Mark II, but they are OK as long as you don't zoom in too closely.


April 24


April 24


April 25


April 25


April 25


April 27


April 28

No comments:

Post a Comment