Sunday, October 6, 2024

Jordan

I was looking for an image from 2002 and accidentally came across this one from Nov. 14 of that year at the MCI Center in downtown DC, Washington Wizards against the Utah Jazz. Scoring 19 points in a 105-102 win for the Wizards was #23, Michael Jordan. I only had my little Canon Elph camera with me and I was way up high, but there's Jordan at the center circle during a free throw. I also tried some video, but it was awful. The Elph's stills were 1600x1200 (2Mp), but video was only 320x240 at 20 frames per second. Truly primitive.

And I eventually found the image I was seeking. I acquired my first DSLR, the Canon 1D (Mark I) on Aug. 5, 2002, and the first trip I took was to Maine a week later. The lens for the image below was the humble 50mm f/1.4, which I still have but the autofocus is broken. Actually the image that has been on my web site for the past 22 years was taken with the Elph, but now I prefer this one which is extremely similar but (IMO) better image quality. We are heading back to Maine in a few weeks, which is why I was looking at my old images from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment