Saturday, July 13, 2024

Followup

Hoping to get some little bluebirds and even little robins as a followup to what I got on the trailcam, I put out the Canon 5D Mark III #8 with 70-200mm lens at 200mm on motion trigger this afternoon. I got some good shots of the adults, but that's all. I seem to have settled on the 5D as my motion trigger camera. It is set on low-speed burst and usually fires off four images at a time, today taking a little more than 300 images in 6+ hours. About 200 of those images had a subject that was in focus (prefocused), which is a pretty good percentage. The 5D has better resolution than the 1D, and lets me save wear-and-tear on the 6D. I will keep trying because that is what I do, but I would like to figure out a different prop. The little birdbath has gotten a lot of publicity, but I don't know what else will attract the birds to a particular spot.

My setting for the 5D today was f/10 at 1/800, ISO automatic. I think the haze in the air from distant forest fires reduced the light just a little bit. The sunlit shots came in at ISO 500-1000, and the last shot of the flicker was ISO 5000. I used Photoshop DeNoise to smooth that out a bit.

Robin
Shake it off
Bluebird
Flicker flicks water in the air
Colorful wings, ISO 5000

No comments:

Post a Comment