Saturday, July 10, 2021

Best so far

I wonder if the noise of the 1D Mark II is driving away the bluebirds. The past few days, I've been using a 100mm lens and the camera is less than 10 feet from the box. This afternoon I replaced it with the 500mm lens on the 5D Mark III about 30 feet away. We'll see if it makes a difference. I'll go back to the other setup overnight. I got two three-shot triggers last night just after midnight, but no joy. I was hoping the flash would wake up by the second or third shot of the first group, but that didn't happen. It was awake and charged for the second group three minutes later, but there was nothing to be seen.

Even if the bluebirds are staying away, the LBBs (little brown birds) are still coming. Technically this is probably the best shot I've gotten so far even though it is rather boring. If this was a bluebird I would be much happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment