Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Closer, closer

After some experimentation, it is now 18 inches from the Gardepro lens to the nest box hole. I often put cameras within 3-4 feet, but this one is so close that I think it interferes with the birds' flight path. I need to point it further right and hopefully get some quicker triggers. This is one of the better ones so far. I will continue to crop off the sides because of lens distortion, which precludes using the info strip.

Trailcampro gave this camera a 95/100 on image quality. I would give it about a 72, but no camera I have is better than an 78 on my scale. The newest Browning and the two Reconyx are probably toward the top of that range. (And I think Trailcampro is the exclusive distributor for three of Gardepro's cameras from China, so now I wonder how impartial their reviews are.) I like the close focus and I won't send it back, but they could make these so much better. At what price, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment