Saturday, June 17, 2023

Magpie and hummingbird

In regard to yesterday's post about getting a magpie and a hummingbird, the first attempt at getting that magpie was semi-successful using motion trigger. The framing is a just little off so we'll see what else develops today. The second image is what I'm calling a grackle, and this is the type of shot I'm trying to get. The third image is a crow, and in the fourth image I aimed the 5D to get a shot of that same crow getting harassed by a swallow, whose nest is just off to the left. A few hours later, I got the first hummingbird image of the season with the 6D controlled by the phone app. The little perches are good for the birds, I suppose, but takes a bit out of the imagery. Yes, I did use all three of my DSLRs today. 1D, 5D and 6D. See below for technical details.

Camera for first three images: 1D Mark II (#9) with 70-200mm zoom, ISO 400. Camtraptions motion trigger on a separate tripod with wireless receiver on the camera. Magpie: f/9, 1/800, 113mm. Grackle: f/9, 1/1000, 113mm. Crow: f/8, 1/640, 87mm. Crow & Swallow: Camera 5D Mark III, handheld, 300mm lens, f/8, 1/400, ISO 200. Hummingbird: Camera 6D Mark II, remote trigger (phone app), 300mm lens, f/5, 1/400, ISO 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment