Friday, June 16, 2023

Feeder

My goals for the back yard the next month or so are to get a magpie on a rock and a hummingbird at the feeder. I have magpie shots with the trailcam (below) but I want a DSLR shot. The weather and other conditions have not lined up in recent days so I just set up the remote trigger on the bird feeder today. I've been using the old 1D Mark II again for a few years now, but dug out the Tamron 28-300 zoom lens for the first time in a long time. The Tamron dates to around 2000 when I was still using film and wanted a long lens. Eventually I started buying expensive Canon lenses and the Tamron mostly disappeared into the bag. It's an OK lens, but I have better. Later I switched back to the Canon 50mm for the next two images. It has a broken autofocus but that doesn't matter because I always manually prefocus this type of shot.

Tamron 24-300mm at 70mm
Canon 50mm
Canon 50mm
Magpie on trailcam

No comments:

Post a Comment