Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Black birds

It has been a wet late spring/early summer here, and there have been very few colorful birds to liven up the back yard. The bluebirds were chased off by the swallows in mid-May, the meadowlarks have kept their distance, the goldfinches come by infrequently, and the hummingbirds usually make a cameo late in the day when the light isn't great. I put out suet for the first time this year, and it draws the big crows and magpies rather than the woodpeckers I was hoping for. But I shoot them, and here are some of the better ones from recent days.

I have been using all of my DSLR cameras and lenses recently. The 6D Mark II (#12) I usually shoot manually. The 5D Mark III (#8) gets the remote trigger, and was used for these three images. And the 1D Mark II (#9) gets the motion trigger. In the past few weeks, I have used every DSLR lens I have. These were shot with the 15-35mm wide angle zoom lens I've had forever, and it gives a different type of image than the 70-200 zoom for example.

Magpie

Crow

LBB (little brown bird)

No comments:

Post a Comment