Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Old old old

Further evidence that the worst DSLR image is better than the best trailcam image. I set up the motion trigger with the 19-year-old 1D Mark II (camera #9) and a 23-year-old 50mm f/1.4 lens. The autofocus on the lens has broken a couple times and I didn't bother to get it fixed the second time, but it works just fine for motion trigger since I have to manually prefocus anyway. Due to windy conditions today, I think the motion trigger was fooled into firing off a few hundred blank images, but I found these representing the swallows in the morning and the bluebird in the evening.

I read on the internet today (so it must be true) that bluebirds are a bit bigger than swallows and should out-compete them if they both want the same nest box. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment