Friday, May 19, 2023

Elk in a new spot

Getting a picture of an elk is not hard in some places. Big fat elk with giant antlers can be seen lounging on the lawn of the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel in Yellowstone National Park or taking a dip at the Simmons Wildlife Safari near Omaha. But in the Black Hills and around my new home in Montana, they are more shy. For the first time my Reconyx trailcams got a few shots of elk in Custer National Forest south of Red Lodge, Montana. The first image on #7 shows one of what appeared to be about seven elk streaming past. The second image is a few weeks later from #2 nearby.

I set up the Primos #4 to try to get a closeup of the bobcat is in the area, but the image quality on a few bunny rabbits that hopped by was so bad that I replaced it with melted Browning #6. Brownings #5 and #11 are monitoring my back yard, and the Primos is just sitting idle because it sucks so bad. I might set it out overnight to take videos of deer eating my petunias since the only good images I have ever gotten from it were frames extracted from a night video of a badger.

No comments:

Post a Comment