Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Burying the Lead

At the moment I have two functional Reconyx cameras with which I am mostly pleased and two Browning Strike Force HD Pro cameras with which I am usually frustrated. I just placed the two Reconyx at my brother's cabin in Montana near where the undamaged Browning had been located since last 4th of July, and I have the two Brownings in hand trying to decide where to place them in Montana or South Dakota.

I'll start with three moose images from Montana. I'll do a more complete posting when I get home. The undamaged Browning, as I've determined is standard for this model, takes thousands of pictures of waving grass and you just have to hope you get a few good ones before the memory card fills up or the batteries die. The camera took 9,218 images before the card filled up Nov. 23. Compared to what I've gotten from the other Browning, this is actually good.

Next is a test of the damaged Browning from the Jewel Cave area in the Black Hills. This is from a sequence just after deployment, followed by a bunch of false triggers.

The old Reconyx got its first time in the field since coming back from repairs. Also from the Jewel Cave area, this was the best I got in the month the camera was there. I experienced NO false triggers with the Reconyx, which is infinitely more adjustable than the Browning. Except for a greenish cast (which I have not adjusted for here), I am pleased with the results. I'm eager to see what the new Reconyx can do.

And finally, this is from my brother's Cuddeback camera near his cabin. I have posted hundreds of images of elk and now a few of moose, but if I could get cougar images on my cameras I would be unreasonably happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment